Critical to contact your state Senator at 303-866-2316 to oppose anti-gun measures!
Over the past two months, the unrelenting assaults against your Second Amendment rights have been completely devoid of facts and rational arguments. Gun rights supporters thought they had seen it all until this Monday when one of the most reprehensible and disgusting displays of anti-gun extremism reared its ugly head. State Senator Evie Hudak (D-19), in an appalling display of insensitivity, demonstrated her blind commitment to destroying the Second Amendment at the expense of our right to self-defense.
The tactlessness to law-abiding citizens on Monday was not limited to just Senator Hudak. Governor Hickenlooper made his own callous remarks about the more than one thousand hardworking citizens who took time away from their jobs and families to show up at the Capitol in Denver to protect their Second Amendment rights. Hickenlooper said, "Not only do they not represent the middle, I don't think they represent the Republican Party. I don't think they represent a large number of people."
That is why we need you to call, e-mail and use social media to contact your state Senator and urge him or her to oppose the following bills which will be heard on the House floor tomorrow:
- House Bill 1224 – Bans magazines with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds.
- House Bill 1226 – Repeals current law allowing individuals with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus.
- House Bill 1228 – Imposes a “gun tax” for a background check when purchasing a firearm.
- House Bill 1229 – Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm.
- Senate Bill 196 – Holds all manufacturers, distributors and owners of common rifles and shotguns they produce, sell or use, liable if that gun is misused to harm another person. The definition of an "assault weapon" subject to liability in SB 196 includes a single shot or double-barreled shotgun and any break-open rifle as well as every semi-automatic rifle and shotgun. This is a backdoor to banning legal firearms and is in direct violation of the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
WE NEED YOU to stand united in this monumental fight and COME TO THE SENATE GALLERY tomorrow, March 8, to hold your state Senator accountable by making sure they vote NO on these restrictive bills. Help show Governor Hickenlooper that the majority do oppose these measures and feel that these restrictive bills are the wrong legislative direction for Colorado.
Call you state Senator at 303-866-2316 to oppose these anti-gun measures!
The votes cast by the state senators listed below will determine whether or not these unconstitutional measures pass. Hold these state senators accountable by asking how they plan to vote on this legislation.
Senator Angela Giron (D-5)
Senator John Morse (D-11)
Senator Cheri Jahn (D-20)
Senator Gail Schwartz (D- 5)
Senator Andy Kerr (D-22)
Senator Jeanne Nicholson (D- 16)
Senator Nancy Todd