Plan to be at the state Capitol Today and Wednesday to Oppose Anti-Gun Legislation
Your Second Amendment rights and your right to self-defense are under attack, and we need your help to protect our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Colorado. On Tuesday and Wednesday, House committees will hold public hearings on four different anti-gun bills—and we need YOU to show up at the state Capitol and testify against these anti-gun measures.
Details for Today, February 12:
- The House Judiciary Committee will hear House Bill 1224 and House Bill 1229. HB 1224 would ban magazines that hold more than ten rounds and HB 1229 would prohibit and criminalize the private transfer of firearms.
- HB 1224 and HB 1229 will be heard in the Old Supreme Court Chamber (Room 220) of the state Capitol.
- This hearing will take place upon adjournment of the House—so please make plans to arrive at the state Capitol in Denver no later than 9:00 a.m.
- Once you arrive, please make your way to the Old Supreme Court Chamber so you can sign up to testify in opposition to both of these measures.
Details for Wednesday, February 13:
- The House Education Committee will hear House Bill 1226 and the House Finance Committee will hear House Bill 1228. HB 1226 would repeal the current right to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus and HB 1228 would require law-abiding citizens to pay a fee (or gun tax) for a background check when purchasing a firearm.
- HB 1226 will be heard in the Old Supreme Court Chamber (Room 220) upon adjournment of the House—so again, please make plans to arrive at the Capitol no later than 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
- HB 1228 will be heard at 1:30 p.m. in the Old Supreme Court Chamber (Room 220).
- Similar to Tuesday’s itinerary, please make your way to the Old Supreme Court Chamber when you arrive so you can testify in opposition to HB 1226 and HB 1228.
As gun owners, sportsmen and supporters of the Second Amendment, we need you to show up today AND Wednesday to testify against HB 1224, HB 1226, HB 1228 and HB 1229. Without your active help this week, anti-gun legislators will steal away your Second Amendment rights! For more information about testifying at the state Capitol, please click here.
If you are unable to attend these important public hearings, it is imperative that you contact your state legislators TODAY and express your opposition to these anti-gun measures. For help identifying your elected state officials and their contact information, please click here.