SB420, would clarify that law-abiding citizens are justified in using force, including deadly force, against intruders in the home when there is reasonable belief that the intruder intends to commit crimes, such as first, second, or third degree burglary or a crime of violence under § 14-101 of the Criminal Law Article. This legislation has received strong bi-partisan support.
It is imperative that you contact the members of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to support your right to self-defense by voting in favor of SB420. Contact information can be found below.
State Senator Brian E. Frosh (D-16), Chair
(410) 841-3124, (301) 858-3124, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3124 (toll free)
State Senator Lisa A. Gladden (D-41), Vice Chair
(410) 841-3697, (301) 858-3697, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3697 (toll free)
State Senator James Brochin (D-42)
(410) 841-3648, (301) 858-3648, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3648 (toll free)
State Senator Jennie M. Forehand (D-17)
(410) 841-3134, (301) 858-3134, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3134 (toll free)
State Senator Jamie Raskin (D-20)
(410) 841-3634, (301) 858-3634, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3634 (toll free)