House Bill 89, critical Right-to-Carry Reform legislation, is being held up by the Georgia State Senate! Back in January the Georgia House passed HB 89 by an overwhelming vote of 111 to 58. THE SENATE IS STILL REFUSING TO CONCUR! It is crucial that HB 89 be brought up for a FINAL floor vote.
HB 89 would strengthen Georgia’s current laws by:
- Allowing licensed carry permit holders to possess a firearm in any private motor vehicle while on any publicly accessible parking lot;
- Prohibiting gun dealer entrapment schemes, such as those orchestrated by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg;
- Allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in State Parks, recreational areas, wildlife management areas, and on public transportation;
- Creating a reduced time limit for various stages of the concealed carry license application process; and
- Allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in restaurants.
These are just a few of the positive reforms HB 89 will make to Georgia’s firearm laws.
Please call your State Senator, as well as State Senators Joseph Carter and Ronnie Chance, members of the Senate Conference Committee, today and urge them to bring HB 89 up for a final floor vote. Senators Carter and Chance can be reached by phone at (404) 651-7738. To find your Senator and their contact information, please click here.
Please also call Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle at (404) 656-5030 or via email at email@example.com and Senate Majority Leader Tommie Williams at (404) 656-0089 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and urge them to request HB 89 come up for a final floor vote.
Remind your State Senator, Senators Carter and Chance, Lieutenant Governor Cagle, and Senate Majority Leader Williams that legislation reinforcing the Second Amendment, like HB 89 as passed by the House, is exactly what law-abiding gun-owners and sportsmen want and need in Georgia.
Don’t forget to spread the word to your family, friends, and fellow gun owners to call their State Senator today and request that HB 89 come up for a final floor vote!