Late last month, Massachusetts politicians put forth HD 4420, “an act modernizing firearm laws.” This massive piece of legislation re-writes gun laws in the Commonwealth and imposes unprecedented gun-control. This far overreaching bill created a massive public outcry from gun-owners and civil rights groups throughout Massachusetts.
Despite gun-grabbing politicians hoping to quickly ram this legislation through, they have hit a procedural snag: lawmakers cannot agree which committee should be assigned to this terrible bill. This procedural issue will likely force gun grabbers to wait until the fall to hold a hearing on the bill.
While this issue will likely slow down the bill’s progress, it is critical to remain in constant contact with lawmakers and request that they oppose this bill, and object to hearing this bill during “informal session” in August. To contact lawmakers, please click the TAKE ACTION button below.
CLICK HERE for a full breakdown of the bill by Gun Owners Action League.
As written, HD 4420:
- Institutes a new, broad “Assault Weapons Ban,” including firearms already owned by law-abiding citizens.
- Bans all federally legally tax-stamped automatic firearms.
- Gun bans on possessing any gun, loaded, or unloaded at:
- All state, county, and municipal buildings.
- All polling places.
- Any private property unless the owner has provided express consent or has posted signage allowing firearms on their property.
- Mandates Safe Storage laws.
- Mandates new training requirements including costly written exams and live fire training.
- Mandates registration of all guns and feeding devices.
- Mandates reporting of any modifications or new parts to a gun.
- Mandates serializing all firearm parts.
- Bans anyone under 21 from acquiring or carrying any semi-automatic rifle or shotgun.
- Bans anyone under 15 taking part in shooting sports and training.
- Places new mandates, protocols, and training requirements on retailers.
The above bullet points are just some of the numerous provisions anti-gun politicians are proposing. We need you to TAKE ACTION NOW by clicking the button above.