Dear Texas House District 113 Member:
Over a month ago, your State Representative, Rhetta Bowers, fled the State of Texas on a private jet to Washington, D.C. to avoid a special session of the Texas Legislature -- and then turned to none other than BETO "Hell Yeah, I'll Take Your Guns" O'Rourke for fundraising help to finance that junket. She STILL hasn't showed up at the Texas Capitol for a second special session now.
This seems like a good time to remind you that when she did bother showing up for work during the regular legislative session (which ended on Memorial Day), Rep. Bowers voted against your Second Amendment rights NINE TIMES. She voted:
- AGAINST Constitutional Carry;
- AGAINST allowing victims of abuse aged 18-21 to apply for a License To Carry to protect themselves;
- AGAINST banning banks with policies that discriminate against the firearms industry from doing business with the State of Texas;
- AGAINST prohibiting anti-gun politicians from halting gun sales during a disaster or public health emergency; and
- AGAINST traveler protection legislation preventing hotels from having "no guns" policies in guest rooms.
Rhetta Bowers's track record on your rights is as bad as her attendance record!
NRA Institute for Legislative Action