On April 8th, the Oregon state Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a work session and committee vote on Senate Bill 978 and its proposed amendments. SB 978 and the amendments received a public hearing on April 2nd. Your NRA would like to thank all the NRA members and Second Amendment supporters who attended the committee hearing in opposition to this legislation.
Please contact committee members and urge them to OPPOSE SB 978. Click the “Take Action” button below to contact committee members.
- Legalize age discrimination for firearm dealers to allow them to refuse service to young adults for no reason other than being under the age of 21.
- Contain language from the failed Initiative Petition 44 to impose a one-size-fits-all government solution for firearm storage and require them to be made unavailable for self-defense.
- Further victimize gun owners who have suffered a loss or theft of their property with criminal penalties if they fail to follow certain requirements when reporting them.
- Severely restrict minors from using firearms for lawful purposes such as hunting.
- End the centuries old practice of home manufacturing firearms for lawful, personal use.
- Allow local governments to create “gun-free zones” in public buildings, colleges, and airports where law-abiding citizens are disarmed and left defenseless against criminals who ignore such arbitrary boundaries
- Increase the fee to apply for a Concealed Handgun License.
Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact committee members and urge them to OPPOSE SB 978.