The Forest Service has extended the comment on the preliminary proposed management plan for the three million-acre Tonto National Forest. The new deadline is January 12th. The Service says that a new plan is needed because the current one is outdated (1985) and does not address relevant issues such as recreation, healthy watersheds, open spaces, ecosystem restoration and wildlife. In order to keep the Tonto National Forest open for hunting and target shooting, it is important that sportsmen and women get engaged in this planning process.
Public meetings were held in November but the public can continue to provide the Forest Service with comments:
- By email to: email@example.com
- By mail to: Tonto National Forest, Tonto Plan Revision, 2324 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85006
To view a copy of the Preliminary Proposed Plan:
- Visit the Tonto National Forest Plan Revision website
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (602) 225-5200 to request a copy Interested parties will have additional opportunities to provide input throughout the plan revision process.