Formerly NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator (EVC) Program
In 1994, NRA-ILA’s Grassroots Division established its flagship “grasstops” program—the NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator (EVC) Program. During the ensuing years, hundreds of NRA members stepped up to the plate to serve in this volunteer leadership position to mobilize gun owners for political and legislative activism.
The results of their efforts were nothing short of tremendous, culminating with the election of Donald Trump as President in 2016.
Now, in an effort to better meet the needs, challenges and opportunities gun owners will face in defending the Second Amendment, we are pleased to announce that the EVC Program is being modified and will henceforth be known as the NRA-ILA FrontLines™ Activist Leader (FAL) Program.
Like their EVC predecessors, FALs will serve as the tips of our grassroots arrow and will be responsible on a year-round basis for providing grassroots support for NRA-ILA’s grassroots campaign and legislative activities, as well as implementation of our numerous Grassroots programs.
Among the many responsibilities ILA’s FALs will have include:
- Providing grassroots volunteers to directly support NRA-PVF endorsed candidates;
- Working with NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representatives to ensure our voter contact and Get Out the Vote operations are fully implemented;
- Building and maintaining their own local grassroots networks to ensure they are continuously contacting their elected officials when gun-related legislation is pending at the federal, state, and local levels;
- Identifying and working with area college students to bring NRA University programs to campus and identify NRA-ILA Campus Coordinators and establish NRA-ILA Collegiate Coalitions on campus; and,
- Recruiting and maintaining area NRA-ILA Second Amendment Activist Centers.
At every step of the way, FALs will be supported by, and work directly with, NRA-ILA Grassroots staff, NRA members and & pro-gun supporters in their area to provide ground level support for NRA-ILA programs and activities on a year-round basis.
Even if you can spare only an hour a week, or a couple of days each month to work with your FAL, he/she needs to hear from you. The power of NRA comes from the activism of our members and supporters. And while we can’t expect every Second Amendment supporter to do everything, we must work to ensure we all do something!
If you want to volunteer with your area FAL, click here to locate your FAL. If your area currently has an FAL vacancy, and you are interested in serving in this leadership capacity, please call NRA-ILA's Grassroots Division at 800-392-VOTE (8683) and ask to speak with your state's Grassroots Coordinator, or apply online to become the FAL for your area.