Anti-gun legislators in the Colorado General Assembly have wasted no time this legislative session attempting to victimize and disarm law-abiding residents of the Centennial State. Just today, a comprehensive gun control package was unveiled that aims to strip you of your Second Amendment rights.
While official bill language has not been released, below are some of the disturbing and disenfranchising proposals announced today. The actual legislation may be introduced as early as tomorrow, so please stay tuned to www.nraila.org for updates on the evolving status of the comprehensive anti-gun package.
Under the proposed legislation:
- You will be subject to expansive and overreaching investigations for all firearm purchases or transfers.
- You will be limited to magazines that hold less than or equal to ten rounds of ammunition, drastically infringing on your inherent right to self-defense.
- You will be subject to additional onerous training requirements to obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit.
- You will be charged a discriminatory fee (gun tax) to pay for the duplicative background check the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) administers in addition to what is already required by federal law.
- You will no longer be able to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense on college campuses, even after obtaining a permit to carry the firearm.
- Gun manufacturers of certain semi-automatic rifles will be held civilly liable for crimes committed with their firearms. This is a direct violation of the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
It is imperative that you contact your state legislators TODAY and express your opposition to these restrictive and discriminatory gun control measures and any proposed legislation that would infringe upon your Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
For help identifying your elected state officials and their contact information, please click here.