Contact legislative leadership immediately!
Law-abiding New Jersey gun owners are already subject to some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and these laws have proven ineffective at reducing crime. The majority leadership in Trenton is under tremendous pressure to blame you for the actions of violent and insane criminals. Instead of introducing reasonable legislation to rationally address existing crime problems and empower the law-abiding to protect themselves and loved ones, anti-gun zealots in the legislature are proposing laws that will only punish law-abiding gun owners. Your action is needed NOW to stop these bills:
· Assembly Bill 3664 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27) reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.
· Assembly Bill 3676 sponsored by Representative Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.
· Assembly Bill 3688 sponsored by Representatives Charles Mainor (D-31) and Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness before one may purchase firearm.
· Senate Bill 2464 sponsored by Senator Shirley Turner (D-15) regulates the sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.
· Assembly Bill 3659 sponsored by Representative Peter Barnes (D-18) revises the definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.
· Assembly Bill 3666 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27), along with its companion Senate Bill 2465, prohibits mail order, internet, telephone and any other “anonymous method” of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.
Your immediate action is needed now to stop these bills and other ineffective measures from becoming law in New Jersey! Contact the Senate and Assembly leadership and urge them to oppose legislation that seeks to punish only law-abiding gun owners and does nothing to stop crime. For more background, facts and information on these types of laws and how they do more harm than good, please visit http://www.gunbanfacts.com.
ASSEMBLY MAJORITY OFFICE
SENATE MAJORITY OFFICE