The Louisiana Shooting Association, the official
NRA state affiliate, strongly endorses “Yes on 2.”
Dan Zelenka, President of the Louisiana Shooting Association, practicing attorney and gun rights activist, says “LSA unequivocally supports this amendment. The language of the amendment is vastly superior to the existing language of the Louisiana Constitution in protecting gun owners from future anti-gun legislative action. This constitutional amendment is the most important advancement in the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana history.”
To read Louisiana Shooting Association’s full press release, please click here.
Proposed improvements to Article 1, Section 11 of the Louisiana Constitution, known as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Amendment, would amend the Louisiana Constitution to state: “The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms is fundamental and shall not be infringed. Any restriction on this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny.” If Amendment 2 is accepted by the voters on November 6, Louisiana will have the strongest guarantee of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the nation.
For more information on why this amendment is needed, please click here.
How to Get Involved
1. Visit our "YES on 2" website at www.nraila.org/YESon2 for more information.
2. Become a "Fan" or “Like" "Vote YES on 2" (www.facebook.com/voteyeson2) on Facebook and encourage all your friends to do the same.
3. Show your support by displaying a bumper sticker or yard sign. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-392-VOTE (8683) to get your bumper stickers and yard signs TODAY!!
4. Write a letter to the editor for your local daily or weekly newspaper.
5. Contact us for bumper stickers, yard signs, or brochures for your local community, gun shop, shooting range, hunting club, hunting store, or gun show.
6. Please encourage your friends, family, fellow gun owners, and hunters to join you in voting "YES on 2" on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
7. Contact NRA-ILA Grassroots to find out more ways to become involved! You can also call us at 1-800-392-VOTE (8683)