May 15, 2012
Primary Election Voter Registration Deadline
May 4, 2012
November 6, 2012
General Election Voter Registration Deadline
October 19, 2012
Voter Registration and Eligibility
- Mail-in voter registrations must be postmarked on or before the third Friday before an election.
- Voter registrations delivered by personal messenger or personal agent must arrive on or before the third Friday preceding an election.
- Registration is available in-person at your county elections office until 6 p.m. on the second Friday preceding an election.
To register to vote in the State of Nebraska, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November
- Live in the state of Nebraska
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, at least two years have passed since the completion of your sentence for the felony including any parole term
- Have not been officially found to be mentally incompetent
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Voter registration is available at your County Election Office(contact information) during normal business hours.
Voter registration is also available at the Department of Motor Vehicles and at some other state agencies.
You may register through the state Department of Health and Human Services and state Department of Education at the time of application, review or change of address in connection with public assistance programs.
Voter registration cards are available at many locations throughout the state, including most banks, post offices and libraries. Obtain a voter registration form online here. Mail completed form to your county election office.
NEBRASKA EARLY VOTING
Who Can Vote Early in Nebraska?
Any registered voter may apply for an Early Voting Ballot. No reason is required. Apply for an early voting ballot through your County Clerk or Election Commissioner at the election office, or by personal agent, mail or fax.
How Can I Acquire an Absentee Ballot?
An absentee ballot can be requested from your County Clerk or Election Commissioner in person, by personal agent, mail or fax (contact information). Your letter should include: your name and residence address, phone number, political party affiliation, address to which the ballot should be sent, and your signature.
Or, print and complete the on-line absentee ballot request form and mail it to your County Clerk or Election Commissioner.
Additional Information for Overseas Voters
You may request an Early Voting ballot to be mailed 120 days before an election until the Wednesday prior to Election Day at 4 p.m. The Monday before Election Day is the last day to cast an early voting ballot at your County Election Office.
How do I Return the Absentee Ballot and What is the Deadline?
Absentee ballots cannot be voted on until within 35 days of the election. All absentee ballots returned by mail or other carriers must arrive in the election office by the closing of the polls on Election Day (8:00 p.m. Central, 7p.m. Mountain).
Source of information:
Nebraska State Capitol, Suite 2300
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509
PROTECT YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS
BY EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!