Presidential Primary Election
February 28, 2012
Presidential Primary Registration Deadline
January 30, 2012
August 28, 2012
Primary Election Voter Registration Deadline
July 30, 2012
November 6, 2012
General Election Voter Registration Deadline
October 8, 2012
Voter Registration and Eligibility
Must register to vote 29 days before the election.
Can select party affiliation 29 days before the election.
To register to vote in the state of Arizona, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Arizona
- Be 18 years old on or before the date of the next general election
- Must not be a convicted felon (unless civil rights have been restored)
- Must not have been adjudicated an incompetent person (see A.R.S 14-5101)
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Can register to vote in person or obtain a mail-in application from:
- County Election Office (contact information)
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) offices
- Medicaid offices
- Food Stamps offices
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefits offices
- Agencies that provide services to people disabilities
Obtain a voter registration application online here.
Documents Acceptable for Proving Citizenship:
- Legible Photocopy of a birth certificate
- Legible Photocopy of a United States passport identifying the applicant
- Naturalization Documents
- Bureau Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number or Tribal Enrollment Number in box 16 on the voter registration form
- Photocopy of driver's license
- Photocopy of Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth
Register to vote online here. Note: In order to use this link you must have an Arizona Driver License and/or an Arizona non-operating Identification Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) on or after October 1st, 1996. Upon successful completion of the online EZ Voter registration, you will receive a confirmation number. The confirmation number is your receipt the information you entered has been accepted and changed.
Note: If you are already registered and move within the same country, change your name, or party affiliation, you do not have to provide photocopies of proof of citizenship. If you move to a different county in Arizona, you must provide proof of citizenship.
ARIZONA EARLY VOTING/VOTE BY MAIL
Who Can Vote Early or By Mail in Arizona?
Any registered voter may request an Arizona Voter Registration Form from the Council Recorder in the County in which you are a legal resident.
How Can I Acquire an Early Ballot?
Voters may make a verbal or written request for an early ballot within 90 days preceding the Saturday before any election. If a verbal request is made, the voter must provide his/her birthplace and date of birth. Voters should write, call, or email his/her county recorder's office to request an early ballot. Some recorders will allow a voter to request an early ballot through their Internet site.
Arizona Absentee Voter Guide here.
Additional Information for Overseas Voters
How do I Return the Early Ballot and What is the Deadline?
Contact the county recorder's office for deadline information or check online here.
Source of information:
Secretary of State
1700 West Washington, 7th Floor
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2888
Voter Registration Hotline at 1-877-THE-VOTE (1-877-843-8683)
PROTECT YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS
BY EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!