NRA-ILA would like to remind Washington’s NRA members, hunters, and shooters that the Washington Department of Natural Resources will be hosting several public meetings across the state regarding the future of DNR-managed forestland, aquatic land, and natural areas.
NRA members, shooters, and hunters must voice strong support for state land to stay open for shooting and hunting in the future. There will be other interests urging that firearm use be curtailed on agency-managed land! By attending and offering your input and support, you help ensure the survival of Washington’s rich outdoor traditions for generations to come.
Attendees will be able to discuss pertinent issues with DNR staff as well as study and critique maps of DNR-managed land. All information disseminated by DNR staff at these meetings will be presented to the Sustainable Recreation Work Group. This group, established in 2008 by the Legislature, was developed to aid DNR in building a long-term strategy which guarantees safe, consistent use of DNR land.
The remaining meeting dates and locations are as follows:
(All meetings are from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.)
- September 10 – Sun Valley Restaurant, 1 Appleway Rd. in Okanogan
- September 10 – Longhouse Educational and Cultural Center, The Evergreen State College, Olympia
- September 11 – Deer Park Library, Deer Park
- September 15 – Hoquiam Library, Hoquiam
- September 15 – Vancouver Water Resources Education Center, Vancouver
- September 16 – Port Angeles Library, Port Angeles
- September 16 – Burlington Library, Burlington
- September 17 – Grupe Conference Center, Central Washington University, Ellensburg