Please Attend and Make Your Voice Heard!
The Washington Department of Natural Resources will be holding numerous public meetings across the state regarding recreation and it is imperative that NRA members, hunters, and shooters attend and make their voices heard.
Nine workshops will be held during the month of September to gather information on the agency’s future plans for DNR-managed forest land, aquatic land, and natural areas. This is an ideal opportunity for Washington’s hunters and recreational shooters to voice their concerns. Attendees will be able to discuss pertinent issues with DNR staff as well as study and analyze maps of DNR-managed land.
All information disseminated by DNR staff at these meetings will be presented to the Sustainable Recreation Work Group. This group, established in 2008 by the Legislature, was developed to aid DNR in building a long term strategy which guarantees safe, consistent use of DNR land.
The meeting dates and locations are as follows:
(All meetings are from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.)
- September 9 – King County Library Service Center, Issaquah (kick-off meeting)
- September 10 – Sun Valley Restaurant, 1 Appleway Rd. in Okanogan
- September 10 – Longhouse Educational and Cultural Center, The Evergreen State College, Olympia
- September 11 – Deer Park Library, Deer Park
- September 15 – Hoquiam Library, Hoquiam
- September 15 – Vancouver Water Resources Education Center, Vancouver
- September 16 – Port Angeles Library, Port Angeles
- September 16 – Burlington Library, Burlington
- September 17 – Grupe Conference Center, Central Washington University, Ellensburg