Today, July 1, House Bill 89 takes effect. This NRA supported measure makes numerous improvements to Georgia’s Right-to-Carry laws and represents the most comprehensive pro-gun reform measure to be enacted in nearly 20 years.
This critical Right-to-Carry Reform legislation will strengthen Georgia’s current laws by:
- allowing licensed carry permit holders to possess a firearm in any private motor vehicle, while on any publicly accessible parking lot;
- prohibiting gun dealer entrapment schemes, such as those orchestrated by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg;
- allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in State Parks, recreational areas, wildlife management areas, and public transportation;
- creating a stricter time limit for various stages of the concealed carry license application process; and
- allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in restaurants.
Thank you to all of the NRA members who answered the call in support of HB89. Your action played a pivotal role in the enactment of this much-needed legislation. Without you this victory would not have been possible.