Please Thank Governor Perdue Today!
Today, Wednesday, May 14, Governor Sonny Perdue (R) signed House Bill 89 into law. This NRA supported measure makes numerous improvements to Georgia’s Right-to-Carry laws and represents the most comprehensive pro-gun reform measure to be enacted in nearly 20 years.
This critical Right-to-Carry Reform legislation will strengthen Georgia’s current laws by:
- allowing licensed carry permit holders to possess a firearm in any private motor vehicle, while on any publicly accessible parking lot;
- prohibiting gun dealer entrapment schemes, such as those orchestrated by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg;
- allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in State Parks, recreational areas, wildlife management areas, and public transportation;
- creating a stricter time limit for various stages of the concealed carry license application process; and
- allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in restaurants.
Thank you to all of the NRA members who answered the call in support of HB89. Your action played a pivotal role in the enactment of this much-needed legislation. Without you this victory would have been impossible.
Please contact the Governor TODAY and thank him for protecting our right to self-defense by signing HB89. Governor Perdue can be reached by phone at (404) 656-1776 or via email by clicking here.