Public comment is being sought by the Arizona Game and Fish Department for a plan that will decide how the agency will manage wildlife, outdoor recreational activities, and its own operations for the next two years.
A series comprised of eight public meetings will be held at various locations across the state to present the plan and to accept public comment.
The draft plan identifies the measures that AGFD will implement with respect to game, nongame, sportfish, off-highway vehicle, watercraft and business administration along with support functions like educational programs, law enforcement, shooting sports, habitat, research, and watchable wildlife.
Your comments will play a major role in effecting the management of the AGFD. Help preserve Arizona’s hunting and shooting heritage. Your participation is vital if we’re to ensure the continuation of hunting and shooting sports for future generations.
Public meetings will be held on the following dates from 6-8 PM at the listed locations.
· Tuesday, May 1 – Yuma, Arizona Game and Fish Department Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St.
· Wednesday, May 2 – Safford, General Services Assembly Room, 921 Thatcher Blvd.
· Thursday, May 3- Tucson, Arizona Game and Fish Department Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
· Monday, May 7 - Mesa, Arizona Game and Fish Department Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive.
· Tuesday, May 8 - Kingman, Arizona Game and Fish Department Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
· Wednesday, May 9 - Pinetop, Arizona Game and Fish Department Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
· Thursday, May 10 - Flagstaff, Arizona Game and Fish Department Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
· Wednesday, May 16 – Prescott, Prescott Resort & Conference Center, Clarkdale Room, 1500 Highway 69.
Please take the time to attend one of the hearings above. If you are unable to attend, written comment can also be submitted through May 31, by e-mailing [email protected] or by writing to Wildlife Plan, c/o Funds & Planning, Arizona Game and Fish Department, 2221 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85023-4399.