Dear Texas House District 47 Member:
Your State Representative, Vikki Goodwin, has fled the State of Texas on a private jet to Washington, D.C. to avoid a special session of the Texas Legislature. And, none other than BETO "Hell Yeah, I'll Take Your Guns" O'Rourke is busy fundraising on social media to finance this junket!
While Rep. Goodwin refuses to come to work during the current special session, she had no trouble showing up to vote against your Second Amendment rights ELEVEN TIMES during the regular legislative session, which ended on Memorial Day. Rep. Goodwin voted:
- AGAINST Constitutional Carry;
- AGAINST allowing victims of abuse aged 18-21 to apply for a License To Carry to protect themselves;
- AGAINST banning banks with policies that discriminate against the firearms industry from doing business with the State of Texas;
- AGAINST prohibiting anti-gun politicians from halting gun sales during a disaster or public health emergency; and
- AGAINST traveler protection legislation preventing hotels from having "no guns" policies in guest rooms.
Rep. Goodwin's track record on your rights is as bad as her attendance record for the special session!
NRA Institute for Legislative Action