Fairfax, Va. – On behalf of our five million members across the country, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is proud to endorse Karen Handel in the special election for U.S. House of Representatives in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District. Based on her strong support for the Second Amendment, Handel has earned an “A” rating from the NRA-PVF.
"Karen Handel supports our Right to Keep and Bear Arms,” said Chris W. Cox, chairman of the NRA-PVF. “She has fought for the values and freedoms that Georgians hold dear. In Congress, she will defend our right to protect ourselves and our families.”
Handel’s Second Amendment record includes:
- Supporting concealed carry reciprocity legislation, which would ensure that millions of Americans with concealed carry permits can defend themselves everywhere they have the right to be – not just in their home state.
- Opposing all attempts to ban lawfully-owned firearms, magazines, and ammunition.
- Standing strong against the gun control agenda of New York City billionaire Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi.
- Opposing so-called “universal” background check systems, which would criminalize private firearms transfers and lead to the creation of a federal gun registry.
- Supporting a repeal of Obama-era policies that deny Second Amendment rights to millions of veterans and seniors
“We're asking every freedom-loving Georgian in the Sixth District to vote Karen Handel for Congress in the June 20th special election”, concluded Cox.
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at NRA on Facebook and Twitter @NRA.