On January 10, the state Assembly is scheduled to start confirmation hearings on U. S. Representative Xavier Becerra, who was nominated by Governor Brown on January 1 to be California’s next Attorney General. California’s Attorney General heads the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and serves at the state’s top law enforcement official and attorney, overseeing more than 4,500 employees, which includes attorneys, investigators and peace officers. The Bureau of Firearms operates as part of DOJ and is responsible for all things related to firearms in California. It’s imperative that the next Attorney General of California respect your constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights and not use the office to further diminish them.
In his 23 years as a U. S. Representative, Xavier Becerra has consistently voted against your rights when it comes to hunting and Second Amendment-related issues. A snapshot of those votes include:
- H.R. 766 – the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act of 2015, which would have prohibited the use of programs such as “Operation Choke Point” against firearms businesses.
- H.R. 822 – the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, which would have allowed permit holders to carry in any state that has a permit system.
- H.R. 3590 & H.R. 4089 – twice voted against a Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act, which would have protected hunting as a primary use of federal lands and would provide funds for the construction and maintenance of shooting ranges on public lands.
- H.R. 6842 would have restored Second Amendment rights in Washington, D.C.
- H.R. 5092 – the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive (BATFE) Modernization and Reform Act of 2006, which would have protected the privacy of gun purchasers, established guidelines for FFL inspectors, and limited the fines imposed by ATF of FFLs.
- S. 397 – the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which would have prohibited reckless lawsuits against the firearm industry due to the criminal misuse of firearms.
- H.R. 4635 – Arming Pilots Against Terrorism Act.
NRA-PVF “F-rated” Kamala Harris just resigned from her post as Attorney General; California does not need to be led by another “F-rated” Attorney General.
As we await Congressman Becerra’s confirmation vote by the state Assembly, it is important that you immediately contact your state Assembly Member and ask them to OPPOSE his confirmation as California Attorney General. You can take action now by clicking here or on our TAKE ACTION link below.
Please forward this important alert to your family, friends, and fellow gun owners and Second Amendment Supporters.