FAIRFAX, Va.—The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is proud to endorse Senator Lisa Murkowski in her re-election bid for the U.S. Senate.
“Lisa Murkowski has a proven record of fighting for our Second Amendment freedoms. She has demonstrated her strong support for law-abiding gun owners in Alaska and throughout the United States,” said Chris W. Cox, chairman, NRA-PVF. “We can trust Lisa to continue her opposition to the Obama/Bloomberg/Hillary Clinton gun control agenda.”
Lisa Murkowski’s longstanding commitment to the Second Amendment has earned her an “A” rating and endorsement from the NRA-PVF. Among her notable actions, she:
- Voted against anti-gun Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan and will continue to oppose future anti-gun nominees for the Court.
- Voted for concealed carry reciprocity legislation to ensure that law-abiding Americans with the legal right to carry concealed can carry their firearm for self-defense in any other state.
- Voted for legislation to protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights.
- Voted against the failed semi-auto ban that would ban commonly owned hunting, recreational and self-defense firearms.
- Voted against the Obama/Bloomberg/Clinton so-called “universal” background check system that would criminalize the private transfer of firearms.
“The NRA is proud to endorse Lisa Murkowski and appreciates her continued support of the Second Amendment. We urge all NRA members and gun owners in Alaska to vote Lisa Murkowski for U.S. Senate,” concluded Cox.