Today, the Senate and House Conference Committees on Senate Bill 656 reported out the signed Conference Committee Report. The Conference Committee Report was then passed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives on the last day of session. Senate Bill 656 will now be sent to the desk of Governor Jay Nixon for his consideration and signature.
Sponsored by state Senator Brian Munzlinger (R-18), and state Representative Eric Burlison (R-133) SB 656 would:
- Recognize Missourians right to Constitutional/Permitless Carry where open carry is not prohibited
- Expand Missouri’s current Stand your Ground laws
- Expand Castle Doctrine protections for anyone legally allowed into your home, vehicle, business and property
- Specify that except for credit card fees incurred, no additional fee beyond $100 may be charged to process concealed carry permits and allows military members extra time to renew their permits
- Implement 10, 20 and 50 year options for non-reciprocity issued permits
- Allow components of firearm training for RTC permits to be online
NRA would like to thank state Senators, Brian Munzlinger, Bob Onder and Jeanie Riddle, and Kurt Schaefer, as well as state Representatives, Eric Burlison, Jared Taylor, and Robert Ross. Also, thank you to House Speaker Todd Richardson, Senate Floor Leader Mike Kehoe, Senate President Ron Richard and state Representatives Elijah Haahr and Mike Cierpiot. Please take a minute to send an email of thanks to the above legislators as well as your lawmakers who voted in support of SB 656.
Special thanks to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters who endlessly contacted their lawmakers in support of all the important measures incorporated into Senate Bill 656.