Today, the North Dakota House of Representatives voted in favor of several pro-gun measures that will now be sent to the Senate.
House Bill 1241 passed by a 78-15-1 vote. Sponsored by Representative Roscoe Streyle (R-3), HB 1241 is an omnibus bill that contains many pro-gun reforms including:
- Expanding your right to carry in more public areas.
- Requiring Chief Law Enforcement Officers (CLEOs) to sign off on documents needed to obtain National Firearms Act items in a timely fashion.
- Allowing hunters to utilize legally owned short-barreled rifles to take any game for which a rifle is allowed.
House Bill 1450 passed by a 67-26-1 vote. Sponsored by Representative Ben Koppelman (R-16), HB 1450 is an omnibus bill that will address the following Right to Carry issues:
- Clarifying what is considered legally unloaded for rifles and handguns.
- Recognizing the right to carry in stores that sell liquor.
- Recognizing the right to carry in public rest areas and restrooms.
- Clarifying when a handgun may be carried unloaded.
House Bill 1457 passed by a 90-2-2 vote. Sponsored by Representative Karen Karls (R-35), HB 1457 would require state agencies to sell off seized, abandoned or forfeited firearms at auction if the owner cannot be located or does not reclaim the firearm and it is in safe and operable condition.
Please contact your state Senator TODAY and urge him or her to support HB 1241, HB 1450 and HB 1457.