Contact the Vice Mayor and City Council Members NOW to Oppose this Anti-Gun Resolution
Tomorrow, the Homestead City Council is going to consider a major anti-gun resolution. CAR #944, requested by Councilman Judy Waldman entitled “Support Efforts to Reduce Gun Violence and Illegal Firearms Trafficking,” is supposed to help reduce the Homestead’s gun-related violence and illegal firearms trafficking.
What Waldman is not telling the citizens of Homestead is that “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” (MAIG) is just a front group for anti-gun extremist New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founded and funded by him, to promote his radical anti-gun ideas throughout the nation.
Does Homestead really want to work with a national gun ban group that:
- Memorialized Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlane Tsarnaev, cop killer Christopher Dorner and other cold-blooded killers as “victims of gun violence” in its “No More Names” campaign.
- Uses taxpayer dollars to work against your constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights – despite founder Bloomberg’s vast personal wealth.
- Has suffered blows to its credibility so severe that mayors across the country are leaving the out-of-touch billionaire’s group in droves.
- Considers your Second Amendment rights an “outrage.”
- Has an oddly large number of mayors charged with or convicted of everything from bribery and extortion to sexual assault (to name only a few).
While a resolution is only a formal expression of opinion, will or intent voted by an official body or assembled group, the City Council should not waste time on a resolution that will do nothing to reduce violent crime in Homestead.
Contact the Vice Mayor and City Council using the information provided below and respectfully urge them to oppose CAR #944. This resolution will do nothing to reduce gun-related violence and illegal firearms trafficking and the Homestead City Council needs to hear this strong opposition from its citizens.
We also urge you to attend this city council meeting tomorrow, September 11 being held immediately following the first Public Budget Hearing at 5:30 p.m. at the William F. “Bill” Dickinson Community Center located at 1601 North Krome Avenue in Homestead.
If you are unable to attend, please call and e-mail the Vice Mayor and City Council members respectfully urging them to OPPOSE CAR #944.
HOMESTEAD CITY COUNCIL:
(786) 255-9862 (cell)
(786) 205-3410 (cell)
Phone: (305) 224-4456
Don’t forget to forward your family, friends, fellow gun owners, sportsmen and Second Amendment supporters in Homestead and urge them to do the same.