On Monday, July 29, “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” (MAIG) - a national gun ban group founded and funded by anti-gun extremist New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg - will hold an anti-gun event in Fargo. North Dakota’s only member of MAIG is Fargo Mayor Dennis Walaker, who has announced that he will not be attending this event. According to Walaker, he is not an active member of MAIG and has faced extreme opposition to his decision to join from residents in North Dakota.
While the NRA still looks forward to the day when Mayor Walaker will officially resign from MAIG, it is a positive step forward that he is refraining from participation in this event by a group seeking to impose an anti-gun agenda at the federal level through Congress and in North Dakota.
In his official capacity as Mayor, Walaker should not associate with a national gun ban group that:
- Memorialized the Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlane Tsarnaev , cop killer Christopher Dorner, and other cold-blooded killers as “victims of gun violence” in its “No More Names” campaign.
- Uses taxpayer dollars to work against your constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights – despite founder Bloomberg’s vast personal wealth.
- Has suffered blows to its credibility so severe that mayors across the country are leaving the out-of-touch billionaire’s group in droves.
- Considers your Second Amendment rights an “outrage.”
- Has an oddly large number of mayors charged with or convicted of everything from bribery and extortion to sexual assault (to name only a few).
Please take a moment to thank Mayor Walaker for avoiding this event and respectfully urge him to do as many of his fellow mayors have and resign from MAIG.
Contact Mayor Dennis Walaker: