Contact your State Senator Today!
The Missouri General Assembly has begun the final week of the 2011 legislative session and is facing its last chance to pass House Bill 294, an NRA-backed Right-to-Carry reform bill. Time is running out for this session and your support is needed NOW! Please contact your state Senator TODAY and urge him or her to make sure this important Right-to-Carry reform bill is considered before Friday’s deadline!
House Bill 294, sponsored by state Representative Jeanie Riddle (R-20), is a comprehensive firearms reform bill that would address a number of Right-to-Carry issues important to Missouri’s law-abiding gun owners. This important reform will not only bring gun laws in the Show Me state in line with most other states, but would also make necessary corrections to current state laws, which are already covered under federal law.
This legislation, including Senate committee amendments, would:
• Prohibit sales taxes on firearms or ammunition from being higher than those for sport goods, sporting equipment, hunting equipment;
• Allow residents to purchase long guns from non-contiguous states and vice versa by removing non-penalty merchandising practices provisions;
• Lower the concealed carry age to 21;
• Allow a person to possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell a machine gun, short-barreled rifle or shotgun, or firearm suppressor if he or she complies with federal law;
• Create the crime of fraudulent firearms purchases if a person knowingly solicits, persuades, encourages, or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition under circumstances which the person knows would violate federal or state laws;
• Enable members of the General Assembly and their staff who possess valid concealed carry endorsements to carry a firearm for self-defense in the Capitol.
This major firearm reform bill needs YOUR help to pass before this Friday! Please contact your state Senator TODAY and urge him or her to support House Bill 294. To locate your state Senator and their contact information, please click here.