NRA-PVF "A" Rated and Endorsed John Mica
John has a proven pro-Second Amendment record and is committed to protecting your right to self-defense!
- Supports Right-to-Carry: Cosponsored and voted for Right-to-Carry Reciprocity legislation, which would ensure that law-abiding Americans with the legal right to carry concealed would be able to carry their firearm for self-defense in any other state.
- Opposes UN Gun Ban Treaty: Voted for legislation that would prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. He also signed multiple letters opposing any international treaty by the United Nations or other global organizations that would impose restrictions on American gun owners.
- Opposes Backdoor Gun Ban: Supports legislation that prevents the Obama Administration from denying Second Amendment rights to millions of veterans and seniors.
- Supports America's Hunting Heritage: Voted for the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreation Enhancement (SHARE) Act, a bill that would benefit sportsmen throughout Florida and the country.
- Opposes Semi-Auto Ban: Voted against a ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms used for hunting, recreational shooting, and self-defense.
- Opposes a Federal Gun Database: Voted for legislation that prohibits the ATF from circumventing the will of Congress by centralizing records of thousands of Americans’ long gun purchases.
- Opposes Operation Choke Point: Voted for legislation that prohibits the Obama Administration from executing an abusive practice, known as Operation Choke Point, in which the Department of Justice intimidates banks into refusing or severing financial services to legally operated ammunition and firearms dealers.
- Supports Firearm Manufacturers and Dealers: Voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents the American gun industry from being sued into bankruptcy through frivolous lawsuits.
- Heller and McDonald Cases: Signed the pro-gun congressional “friend of the court” briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases, arguing that the Second Amendment guarantees the fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms and that Washington, D.C.’s and Chicago’s gun bans were unconstitutional.
- Opposes Ammo Ban: Signed a letter to the Obama Administration opposing its flagrant attempt to ban commonly used ammunition for the most popular rifle in America
Paid for by the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (www.NRAILA.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.