Numerous pro-gun measures have advanced through the Oklahoma Legislature and been signed into law. Two others are also pending procedural votes before being sent to the desk of Governor Kevin Stitt, and your Senate needs to hear from you. Those bills are all outlined below:
Pro-gun bills pending either concurrence or conference committee vote:
- Senate Bill 644, sponsored by Sen. Paxton, authorizes municipal employees to carry a firearm at work.
- Senate Bill 925, sponsored by Sen. Michael Bergstrom, cleans up current law to allow for the defensive display of a firearm against a potential threat.
Pro-gun bills that have been signed into law:
- House Bill 1630 /Senate Bill 106, sponsored by Sen. Mark Allen, and Rep. David Hardin, allows for the use of an SDA license in place of a background check when purchasing a firearm.
- Senate Bill 646, sponsored by Sen. Michael Bergstrom, will allow for an individual to carry a firearm in the designated bar area of a restaurant as long as that person is not consuming alcohol.
- Senate Bill 672, sponsored by Sen. Casey Murdock, cleans up state law to allow for the transportation of a long gun in a motor vehicle.
- House Bill 2645, sponsored by Rep. Jon Echols, prevents cities from prohibiting carry in outdoor venues without providing a certain amount of security.
Thank you to those legislators who supported these pro-gun measures, and to Governor Stitt for signing them into law. Please click the above "Take Action" button to contact your State Senator.