Today, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed pro-gun legislation, House Bill 292, into law. Sponsored by state Representative Rick Jasperse (R-11), HB 292 makes several positive and important changes to Georgia gun laws, including:
- Providing licensees of states with reciprocal agreements with Georgia a 90 day grace period to obtain a GWL while continuing to carry legally using their previous states’ license
- Prohibiting a probate judge from suspending, extending, delaying, or avoiding the process of approving a GWL application
- Protecting any firearms instructor who lawfully instructs, educates, or trains a person in the safe, proper, or technical use of a firearm from civil liability for any injuries caused by the failure of such person to use such firearm properly or lawfully
- Making a code change regarding permit reciprocity
- Defines a knife in state code as a cutting instrument larger than 12 inches
- Prohibits discrimination by financial institutions against the firearm industry simply because they are engaged in the lawful commerce of firearms
Thank you to those NRA members and Second Amendment supporters who contacted their legislators in support of this important legislation. Also, thank you to those legislators who supported this legislation as it progressed through the legislature. Special thanks to Governor Deal for signing HB 292 into law.