Today, the Missouri House of Representatives passed Senate Bill 656 and adopted multiple pro-gun amendments with an overwhelming majority. It is more important than ever that you contact your legislators in support of Senate Bill 656. Time is running out with one week left in session. NRA members and gun owners must act now to expand Missouri gun rights!
Sponsored by state Senator Brian Munzlinger (R-18), SB 656 would:
- Recognize Missourians right to Constitutional/ Permitless Carry where open carry is not prohibited
- Allow full-time employees of public higher-ed institutions to concealed carry a firearm on campus with a valid handgun carry permit
- Expand Missouri’s current Stand your Ground laws (Similar to SB 663)
- Expand Castle Doctrine protections for anyone legally allowed into your home, vehicle, business and property
- Specify that except for credit card fees incurred, no additional fee beyond $100 may be charged to process concealed carry permits and allows military members extra time to renew their permits
- Implement 10, 20 and 50 year options for non-reciprocity issued permits
- Allow components of firearm training for RTC permits to be online
- Allow the legal carry of a firearm for self-defense on public transportation
- Establishes punitive measures and civil liability for persons responsible for the knowing and illegal dissemination of permit holder information
Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact your state Representative and state Senator and politely urge them to SUPPORT Senate Bill 656 when it comes up for a vote.