Tomorrow, Sunnyvale voters have the opportunity to stand up for the fundamental right to keep and bear arms. You must go to the polls and vote against Measure C.
Measure C is Sunnyvale’s attempt to impose four extreme anti-gun laws on the city’s law-abiding gun owners. If passed tomorrow, Measure C will:
- Prohibit the possession of ammunition magazines that are capable of holding more than ten rounds;
- Require gun owners to notify police within 48 hours of the loss or theft of their firearm;
- Require gun owners to keep firearms locked up when not in the owner’s immediate possession; and
- Require retailers to maintain detailed records of all ammunition sales for two years.
Violation of any of these laws is punishable by a fine up to $1000, imprisonment in county jail for up to six months, or both.
Measure C is being sold as a “gun safety” ordinance to make the citizens of Sunnyvale feel safer, but Measure C will do nothing to reduce Sunnyvale’s already impressively low violent crime rate. This should come as no surprise. This measure’s proponents have admitted that crime prevention is not really their goal. They want to erode your inherent right to self-defense, limit your access to legal firearms and ammunition, and they want to take this fight to cities all over California.
There is still time to stop this serious attack on your individual rights. We can win this fight, but we need your help! Educate your fellow Sunnyvale citizens about Measure C. Talk to your family and friends in Sunnyvale, post your opposition on social media and direct others to the official No on C Facebook page.
If you want to do more to help defeat Measure C, we ask you to make calls tomorrow to remind pro-gun supporters in Sunnyvale to vote. You will be provided a script and can volunteer as much time as you have available. Local phone banks are available at:
- Santa Clara County Republican Party of Silicon Valley Headquarters: 522 North Monroe Street in San Jose tomorrow from 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Call 408-246-6600 for more information.
- U.S. Firearms Company: 590 South Mary Avenue in Sunnyvale tomorrow from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Call 408-245-1911 for more information.
But most importantly, remember to vote NO on Measure C TOMORROW!