Please Contact Mayor Jennings Today!
NRA has recently learned that Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings will soon introduce a gun control proposal in the Common Council. Although attempts to obtain a copy of the proposal were refused by the mayor's office, we have now learned that the proposal will include the following:
- Require registration of ALL firearms within the city (this includes currently owned handguns and long guns);
- Outlaw private gun sales;
- Require dealers to report all firearm sales to local law enforcement;
- Ban "high caliber" handgun ammunition including 9mm. and .357; and,
- Mandate that gun owners keep firearms locked-up and inaccessible.
The Common Council could vote on the proposal as early as tomorrow!
If you live in Albany please contact Mayor Jennings at (518) 434-5100 and voice your opposition to this proposal.
Also, please call the members of the Common Council and urge them to oppose this proposal and any other proposals that infringe upon the rights of law-abiding gun owners. The Common Council can be reached at (518) 434-5090.