If it’s one thing we pride ourselves on in the Grassroots Division it’s constantly evaluating our programs and publications to ensure we are providing our volunteers with information in which they are interested and that they can use.
Considering many of you also receive our monthly newsletter “Freedom’s Voice,” beginning in July, we will provide readers of “Freedom’s Voice” with information they can put to use, that won’t be found in the Friday Grassroots Alert.
The major change in the newsletter will be that we will be running more stories on grassroots activism. Among the types of stories you will be seeing more of in future issues of “Freedom’s Voice” are:
· Grassroots activist tips to enhance your ability to affect the outcome of legislation and elect pro-gun candidates to office;
· Guidance on writing effective letters to the editor of your local newspapers and taking advantage of talk radio shows;
· Tips on becoming an effective pubic speaker;
· Guest commentary from your fellow NRA members and grassroots activists;
· Letters to the editor of “Freedom’s Voice”;
· Information on new Grassroots programs and updates and improvements to existing ones, and more.
In short, we are going to work to transform “Freedom’s Voice” from an expansion and regurgitation of stories of interest from the Friday Grassroots Alert, into a pro-gun grassroots activist road map!
We will still be reporting on stories of interest, and will work to expand upon stories you may have seen previously in the Friday Grassroots Alert. However, with the continued streamlining and improvement of NRA-ILA’s electronic communications abilities, we want to fully utilize these opportunities to affirm and improve upon what you, and NRA, does best--grassroots activism!
To begin receiving “Freedom’s Voice” go to www.NRAILA.org and choose “Get Involved Locally.” Once there, click the link to sign-up for NRA-ILA FrontLines™ and complete the on-line Volunteer Information Form and note you wish to receive “Freedom’s Voice” and provide your e-mail address. You may also contact the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-8683 to sign-up, by providing us your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address.
We hope you enjoy the new “activist-laden” “Freedom’s Voice” newsletter, and we recommend you encourage your family, friends, and fellow firearm owners to sign up to receive this free e-newsletter.