Explore The NRA Universe Of Websites

West Virginia

West Virginia LEOSA

State Controlling Agency

State Details

Who Can Qualify

We have not found any provisions in West Virginia law that covers the qualification of Retired/Separated Law Enforcement Officers who have moved to West Virginia from out of state.  West Virginia law enforcement agencies, to include West Virginia State Police, can qualify their own retired officers. 

On an individual basis some retired officers from out of state and federal agencies have been qualified by West Virginia State Police or by local law enforcement agencies/departments. 


Last Updated:  9/28/2018


Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.