Currently Governor Nathan Deal (R) has two pro-gun bills on his desk awaiting consideration.
Please contact Governor Deal and urge him to sign House Bill 280 and House Bill 292 into law!
House Bill 280, sponsored by state Representative Mandi Ballinger (R-23), seeks to amend restrictions in state law that prohibit law-abiding Georgia Weapons License (GWL) holders from being able to protect themselves on college and university campuses. HB 280 would allow law-abiding GWL holders to carry when they are in or on certain buildings or real property owned by, or leased to, any public technical school, vocational school, college, university, or other institution of postsecondary education.
House Bill 292, sponsored by state Representative Rick Jasperse (R-11), would make several positive and important changes to Georgia gun laws, including:
- Providing licensees of states with reciprocal agreements with Georgia a 90 day grace period to obtain a GWL while continuing to carry legally using their previous states’ license
- Prohibiting a probate judge from suspending, extending, delaying, or avoiding the process of approving a GWL application
- Protecting any firearms instructor who lawfully instructs, educates, or trains a person in the safe, proper, or technical use of a firearm from civil liability for any injuries caused by the failure of such person to use such firearm properly or lawfully
- Making a code change regarding permit reciprocity
- Defines a knife in state code as a cutting instrument larger than 12 inches
- Prohibits discrimination by financial institutions against the firearm industry simply because they are engaged in the lawful commerce of firearms
Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact Governor Deal and urge him to sign HB 280 and HB 292 into law!