The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has released a Resource Management Plan that will chart the future management of 4.8 million acres of public land outside of Carson City. The deadline for the public to submit comments is March 27, 2015. Although the deadline is several months away, the BLM is hosting a series of public meetings in January as listed below.
The Plan can be viewed on line at http://on.doi.gov/1uYBNGT. It will affect some elements of recreational shooting, including the kinds of targets that can be used. If you hunt, shoot or enjoy other recreational activities on the lands covered by this Plan, please take the time to review the document and the five management alternatives it presents. Comments may be submitted by one of the following methods:
• Website: http://on.doi.gov/1uYBNGT
• E-mail: BLM_NV_CCDO_RMP@blm.gov
• Fax: 775-885-6147
• Mail: BLM Carson City District, Attn: CCD RMP, 5665 Morgan Mill Rd., Carson City, NV 89701
Public meetings on the RMP are currently scheduled for 5:00 to 7:00 pm:
January 13, at the John Ascuaga’s Nugget (1100 Nugget Ave.) in Sparks
- January 15, at the Fallon Convention Center (100 Campus Way) in Fallon
- January 20, at the Mineral County Library (First & A Street) in Hawthorne
- January 22, at the Carson Valley Inn (1627 US Hwy 395 N) in Minden
- January 29, at the Yerington Elementary School (112 N. California St.) in Yerington
An additional public meeting will be held from 2:00 to 6:00 pm on January 24 at the Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center (801 South Carson Street) in Carson City.
Additional public meetings are anticipated in coordination with local County Commissions and Boards of Supervisors.