As anticipated, several anti-gun bills were approved by the Assembly this week. They include:
- A 673, which creates the crimes of failure to store a weapon "safely" and criminally negligent storage of a firearm,
- A 2302, which would prohibit the retail sale of a handgun that does not contain a "child proofing" or integrated safety device,
- A 4471, which would ban the sale, use and possession of .50 caliber firearms,
- A 2345, which would impose new restrictions on firearm dealers,
- A 2466, an expansion of the state's ban on so-called assault weapons.
These measures now move to the Senate. Please contact your State Senator TODAY and urge him/her to oppose A 673, A 2302, A 4471/S 2590, A 2345, and A 2466! You can reach your Senator by calling (518) 455-2800.